A man appeared in court last month in connection with a fire that gutted Gloucester Friends’ meeting house. The fire, on 12/09/2012, caused substantial damage and has forced Gloucester Quakers to find new premises to meet for worship in.
James Bryan, 23, from Gloucester entered no plea when he first appeared in court.
Gloucester Quaker meeting house was designed by architect Samuel W Dawkes and was built in 1835. Extensions were added in 1879, 1946 and 1964. The property was refurbished in 1987-8.
Meeting for worship in Gloucester is now held at 2.15pm on Sundays at Park Street Mission, 17 Park Lane, Gloucester GL1 2DA.
The accompanying photo of Gloucester Friends Meeting House is courtesy of John Hall’s collection of meeting house photos at www.flickr.com/photos/qmh.